Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the married dork

I had fun at joanne's wedding, obviously.

I don't know if I've ever written about how weddings make me feel. They were bitter for me. The happy couple reminded me of how far away I was from that and how badly I wanted to find the one.

I believe soul mates exist. But he won't just appear at my doorstep. A close friend once said you have to get off your butt and go get him. I'm not saying that I've found him during joanne's wedding. But something in joanne's smile and jon's anticipation broke my heart and made it into this mush. It really is possible to love someone the best you know how, lose and love again someday.

So to the happy couple thank you for making the world a happy place again.

Here's a list of highlights at the wedding:
1) In n Out is hecka far from Foster city.
2) Girls can eat as much as boys.
3) Flower balls are beautiful and freakishly heavy. Unless you enjoy stabbing yourself with wires use a smaller ball and have extra roses.
4) You need arm strength to roll over while sleeping on the floor.
5) Dress shoes should not fit like flip-flops.
6) Practice putting on make-up. Don't wing it.
7) Talk to strangers at weddings especially if you trust the judgment of the bride and groom.
8) Eat regularly or else find yourself inhaling a burrito.
9) Chill.
10) Be the loudest table at dinner. You'll make the other tables jealous.
11) Light saber battle!
12) Guitar serenades. I think joanne likes kissing.
13) Scavenged cake is still cake but even more delicious because you had to work for it.
14) Don't walk home alone.
15) Sing along with the ipod.
16) Then they lived happily ever after.

No comments: