Monday, July 14, 2008

Food does not = <3

On Friday I hurried home to get ready for bible study. My dad insisted he would have dinner ready. It was won ton and noodles in soup. Of course I burn myself before he can say, "It's hot". Now remember this part. It'll be important later on.

On Saturday I lost my appetite after some disturbing news but not before burning myself, again, on a french fry. After ignoring my hamburger it was off to the mall. Strangely enough the last time something similar happened I ended up wandering around the mall too. Come to think of it I also ignored a hamburger, quarter pounder to be exact. (I don't think they're really a quarter pound. On this occasion it was a Banzai burger. Dude, that's how they spell it. Those are good but not as good as Kimochi burgers. Those are just happiness.). When your head is full and stomach is empty it just makes for an aggravating evening.

When I got home I changed into my pj's and decided to surf the net. I get a phone call from my boss about a loan agreement and how it has to be done asap. So off I go to her house where I spend 2 hours translating Chinese into English because some men are too cheap to higher competent translators.

My boss pours me a glass of something and it hella burns my already burned mouth and is bitter. It's grapefruit juice (Got you thinking it might be booze didn't I?). She also offered me a bowl of won ton in some sauce. My mouth is burned again but this time by the hot chili oil in the sauce. Trying to counter the spiciness I drink the juice which created a sour burning sensation. I sat there rubbing my eyes and my boss apologizes thinking I must be extremely tired.

I get home, crawl into bed, and decide I need to find a new comfort when I'm feeling low because food can be just as painful.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

"So off I go to her house where I spend 2 hours translating Chinese into English because some men are too cheap to higher competent translators."

Hire. You must be tired, dear.

jenblue said...

Funny you should point that out. I got the same word misspelled in the contract I was translating.

I'm still feeling tired.