Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dramas

I seem to encounter similar problems and they always seem big at the time. When I look back on them later they’re nothing more than small potatoes. (Potatoes are a good starch. They make fries out of those. I could go for some garlic fries).

One is where others think there's something romantic ( I was totally rolling my eyes as I typed that word) going on between two people but there's not. It's fun to be part of the "others" but not the "two people". You can't be nice because it might give the wrong impression. My being nice doesn't mean I want you. My being mean doesn't mean I want you either. I will probably tell you and then run away or sign off or die because I'm blushing so much the vessels in my face are about to explode. There are people of the opposite sex who are just friends. Perhaps the next time something nice happens it should come with a disclaimer, "I like you but not in that way, stupid".

Another is with dieting. They just don't work. Every time I see Mike V. he says he’s on a diet. He insists that he does loose the weight but my timing is bad and I happen to see him after he’s gained it all back. I don't mind the dieting, it’s consistent. Maybe it's been so long since he's been in my presence it’s become depressing so he eats to fill the emptiness inside.

Then there are brain farts. Yesterday my mom was standing by her closet. I looked across the room and saw someone lying in the bed under the covers. I turned to my mom, pointed to the bed and whispered, "Mom, are you sleeping?".

No comments: