Friday, July 25, 2008

Cloud

You better be awake for this because otherwise I'm just wasting my time. One of the major reasons I thought about not posting any more was I felt I was holding back. There were some things I wanted to say but didn't. I originally wanted a place for my head (as linkin park would say). Overtime it just became this diluted list of what was happening and I began to wonder what the point of it was. But I feel like I'm back to what I originally intended. I do feel a little exposed but it's better than being closed off.

Now back to the show.

It's weird to be thinking about someone you've only met once right? I don't mean they made just an impression but you feel smitten. Ok, like you're 12 and you have a crush and you want to make little heart scribbles in your notebook.

Laurie couldn't stay for Joanne's wedding because her cousin's was at the same time. I was nervous without her because this was my first wedding without my parents and Laurie's my security blanket for girly functions and she wasn't there.

I was sitting in the third row and there were two empty seats next to me. I expected a couple to sit there but instead it was just this guy. As he sat down next to me I smiled and waved at him and he waved back. Don't know why I waved even after I told myself not to be weird. I decided I wouldn't say anything else. He said out loud how he was glad he wasn't late and knew where the church was. I introduced myself and asked if he was with the bride or the groom. He knew both from way back. How far back? Youth camp. I mention laurie, joanna and kim but when I add "woo" he said "oh, the woo sisters." Then the girl sitting next to me leans over and introduces herself and they talked about youth camp and I was thinking, "I spoke to him first and you just cut me out? Wait, did I just think that?! Well, I made the effort. Should I offer to trade seats? No then it'll look like I'm pissed. I'm not, just annoyed is all. Oh, they're done talking now. Be cool be cool." (Now for those of you who don't know I am anti-social around those I'm not close with. At work small talk is part of the job. So for me to initiate small and be interested takes a lot).

I didn't think he was going to say anything else but then asks me how I know the bride and groom. He mentions how he used to work at a comic book store. I so wanted to say how cool it was because one could read comics all day. I asked him who his favorite superhero was and he said Batman. I must've sound offended when I said I couldn't believe he would choose DC over Marvel because he got louder and said it wasn't about that. He questioned how I could be a Marvel fan with all their alternative universes and overlapping timelines. He asked who I like and I said spider-man before he got big. He liked him but thought he had gotten too emo over the years and complained about the clone wars. Yes, they were weird but Ben Riley. How could one not like Ben Riley? If it came down to it he'd go with batman (whatever). He mentioned he was trying to get into the comic business so I questioned why he wasn't at comic con. He lifts his hands and says wedding. Touche. But comic-con started on Thursday and the wedding was Saturday. If he's going to attend it would be for the whole thing including the preview night wednesday. I tell him about fanime-con and he's been there too. He was cloud from advent children. He made a sword the size of a billboard to go with it. He complained about the girls constantly asking for photos. He didn't like all the contact from strangers. I blurt out how I can't stand fan girls and he says especially girls with cat ears. If I was president of the "i hate cat girl club" I would've made him a member. I told him about ann and jocelyn doing cos play as well and one year we took turns being no name from spirited away which he thought was cool but not cool when I told him how this one girl grabbed me and I had to use the swifter handle to keep from being smothered by her boobs.

He mentioned his ex-girlfriend (I wanted to ask if he had a current one) sang at a number of weddings and said how it was all high drama in the back even if it seemed all happy in the front. I said with Joanne she was totally mellow. I was with the flowers and she trusted us to handle things. A smaller bouquet was substituted for the flower ball I worked on (my fingers still feel raw from the wiring) and joanne didn't freak out about it (Well, maybe she just didn't notice). The ball was way too heavy to carry. That ribbon handle could slice the hand. If I was having problems I don't know how a five year old would deal.

After the ceremony was photo time but the group he was suppose to be in was really full. If it was an elevated platform it would've gone down. He said he would skip the photo but I suggested he sneak into the group I was in high school/ college/ work. He said he worked for the company the groom use to work for and I said it counted. But we ended up on different sides. Before I could say good bye the group I was with decided to go for a burrito run and we didn't speak again untill....

the wedding banquet. I was there early to help set up. He was over at the greeting table but I wasn't sure if I should say hi. I don't know I just walked out earlier, rude. Maybe he found his friends and wanted to talk to them instead. At one point he came up to say hi. He was by the door and pointed out the flower ball I worked on. He said he like it and I was flattered because I didn't think he'd remember. He tried it out and said it was good for a weapon. If anything were to go down he'd go for that first.

And then I really didn't speak to him again because there was work to be done. But I did look for him a few times. I even pointed him out to Laurie. It's more like I pulled her to the side and we walked past him and she stopped a few feet behind him to confirm it was that guy. I was stealing glances at him until I noticed Laurie looking at me. I turned red and just turned to face the wall. After dinner he picked up lightsabers (I tell you it was a fun wedding) and was doing tricks with them. At that point I knew I was definately in trouble.

I couldn't say good-bye to him when I saw him leaving. Well I waved when he wasn't looking and this other guy walking by waved back at me.

Now I am where I am. Jocelyn thinks we should track him down with one of them social networks. My sisters wondered why we didn't exchange numbers. At the time I didn't think much about it because I didn't think I was going to want to talk to him again after the wedding. I did find him on a social network but I'm not going to create an account just to say "Hey just wanted to say nice meeting you and bye. Oh, and I'm not stalking you even though it looks that way". But I read what he had to say and if he's genuine then I'm totally intimidated. It feels like you're in junior high and you have a crush on a high schooler.

I should just forget about him. I was probably just caught up in the moment. One too many sodas. He was just a nice guy making conversation. After all, he's dc and I'm marvel. The two could never come together. Well they did once for a brief time I think but yeah they're separate for the most part. So all we had was that one nice day and are never meant to meet again.

I'm crazy right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, line breaks and short paragraphs are your friends.

Yeah, Marvel always wins in the end. It's the weird crap that makes us so versatile. Did I say us?

Death to neko-girls.

jenblue said...

Ann- Dude, I wanted to get as much down as possible and my brain was going really fast and i wasn't even going to post this since it was so silly but it's like that song about getting it out of you. Line breaks and short paragraphs good. Run ons bad.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I get it now. You're excused. I totally understand. It's like if you change it, then the meanings are diluted and the feelings you want to express aren't quite on the mark.

jenblue said...

I like how you used a word I used, "diluted". Now I can't tell if you're being sincere or cynical.

But that's what makes you so versatile.

Laurie said...

I don't get how/why this is posted the day before the wedding ...

jenblue said...

I'm clairvoyant.

Actually I was writing about something else the day before the wedding but then changed it completely the day after. Blogger must've used the day the post was created not the day it was posted.

I will keep that in mind next time. Thanks.

But being able to tell the future would be pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

oooh snap, i haven't read your blog in a while but good for you. getting a crush :)