Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Because I am a Girl

This is the last weekend before joanne's wedding. I have yet to look for a dress, or shoes, or whatever else I may need.

I tried to figure out what shape I was. Shape determines what dress is most flattering. I settled on pear-shaped. I don't look that much like a pear. Aren't weebles pear-shaped? I can wobble but I'd fall down. I don't get these categories. Once I tried to figure out face shape for a hair cut. Square? No. Heart? No. Round? No. Oval? No.

If we're expected to be categorized, shouldn't they tell us this in school? SAT scores are useless now! Women sizes don't make sense. The system for guys is based on the actual measurement. Once I was buying a pant suit but my top half was an 8 and the bottom was a 10. The women's counter said I couldn't mix and match. Did I prefer my top half to sag or my pants to spilt?

Then there's figuring out what accessories go with the outfit because we don't want any color blocking, whatever that means. Gah, shoes!

I guess if I were rich I'd pay someone to figure this all out for me. Then I could avoid having a therapist on speed-dial.

*bonus point: Besides this post what is the above title a reference to?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

*raises hand* Is it that Korean song/video with the girl who works in a salon and the photographer guy?

jenblue said...

*points to laurie* That's right! You win the bonus point.

Anonymous said...

Laurie... I have no idea how you could deduce that information from such a mater of fact quote!