Monday, July 21, 2008

Timed Madness

Shopping is stressful but if it's at the mall involving a dress and shoes then it's just crazy. There's an episode of Will and Grace where she takes her boyfriend to a sale. The poor guy is lugging around pile of clothes running after her. When he complains of fatigue she pulls a banana out and tells him to refuel. It was kinda like that. They have sales that begin in the morning and end before lunch. All those items tend to be sectioned off. Women travel in packs as they block off entire aisles wary of any intruders. Excuse mes are met with I saw that firsts. Dressing room lines make restroom lines feel like picnics. Entire families are packed into each stall. One department store only had one women's dressing room with just 6 stalls. Clothes lined the walls and floors. Some of the dresses I tried on made me look like a cow, a flowery, lacy, annoyed cow. That's just the dress part of it.

Then there were the shoes. I don't have much competition when it comes to my size but there's hardly any selection. When I buy shoes I have to look at size first then style. Pointy shoes hurt. My feet just wouldn't cooperate. At one point it seemed as though I was stuck between red hooker shoes or blue hooker shoes. I found one pair I like but it was just one shoe the other lost forever. I didn't get the shoes I would've like but at least I found a comfortable pair after an hour.

When I got home I was too tired to eat lunch and took a two hour nap. I don't take naps. This will teach to me wait until the last minute to do something.

No comments: