Monday, July 14, 2008

Follow that Cart

At the asian (It's so obnoxious when it's spelled azian.) supermarket my dad asks me if I can make a filipino dessert. I ask him what it is and he can't remember. That does not help me at all. I ask what's in it but he's not sure. He tells me he has a recipe. I ask where it is but he says he lost it. I tell him I can do nothing about it and he says he really likes it and wants me to make it. As I try to explain to him I can't transport myself to the potluck where he had this dessert he's distracted by a lady pushing a cart passed us. He points to her and says she has some of the stuff that was in it. So he follows her for a bit. She turns around and he starts asking her if she can tell us what's in the thing she's making. She looks surprised and lists things off. My dad goes to get them and she leaves. He goes in search of her, brings her back and won't let her out of his sight until all the ingredients are gathered. She's a good sport about the whole thing and gives us a few tips as well.

As we get in line to pay my dad looks at the freezer and asks if we should get ice cream instead.

Oh and I still don't know the name of the dessert.

No comments: