Thursday, July 2, 2009

T-Minus 6 months and Counting

What super ability would you want? Ok, we all can't have telekinesis. We all can't go around moving objects with our brains. We'd become fat because we'd never move to get anything. Look what remotes did to us. Why do you think the term is couch potato. It ain't couch green bean. I would be wary to have telekinesis despite how cool it looks on tv. Jean Grey of the X-men didn't make it look cool though. It always looked like she was having a migraine or she'd collapse afterwards. The only times it looked effortless was when she was possessed or bad. Maybe only villains make it appealing. I mean would you really use it for good like saving cats from trees? No! You would probably use it for evil like (insert evil use here).

I was trying to think of one that matched me. Shape shifting's cool. Invisibility would be useful. Walking through walls would allow me not to carry my keys around. Crazy memory. I got that one already. Highly skilled mercenary with a mouth? I do like to talk. I've distracted many a driver with my conversation skillz but i'm not much of a mercenary. Spider...eww no. The other day I was standing by my closest when i tried to fix a hair that was standing up. Only it wasn't a hair, it was a spider's leg and the rest of the spider was still attached and alive. I know, that's hella gross!

Anywhoodle, another super power i find interesting is foretelling the future. There are some things i like to be surprised about. if you could see the future i think it would mess with you. it'd mess with me. i'd be all twitchy from whether or not i was purposely preventing an event or heading to it. i mentioned in an older post March 4 aka Go Forth about how a customer at work gave me a fortune about what would happen in the next three years for me when it came to my love life. At the time I didn't take her seriously. But lately these little signs/nudges keep popping up and it makes me wonder if something is going to happen soon.

The kids in sunday school were asking questions about laurie's engagement. one asked when i would be engaged. i would have to say yes to a somebody. i was short a somebody. she said it'll happen in six months and the kids sorta chime in with her.

At home group one person said when she first started attending she told her husband she felt someone would be engaged soon and it would be me.

I won't lie to you. I do find the prospect of this intriguing. I'm not on the hunt for anybody but it makes me wonder if he's just around the corner. I wonder if it's someone I already know. Do you think his initials are ZQ? ( I know, I really should take this down a notch. Don't want to come off obsessive). What if he's someone brand-spanking new? There are at least 3 weddings to attend in my future. We all know what happened at the last two I went to. Each time I make just a little more progress. Will the next one bring me to the one?

Eh, whatever. Telekinesis it is.

2 comments:

joeadultman said...

When I was a latchkey kid, sometimes I'd think "oh man, I hope my mom just happens to bring me McDonald's, that would be awesome!" It wasn't something she ever did.

Eventually I realized that by hoping she would, I was ruling it out, because it would just be too weird if, on the same day, I both hoped she would bring home McDonald's and she actually did.

If a watched pot never boils, what does a prognosticated pot do?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I pick telekinesis, too. We were meant to be friends!

Jean Grey of the X-Men has to use her powers for pretty intense things. I probably won't need it so much, maybe to use it to pick up and throw away a stray piece of trash. Or maybe use it to throw a rock at a idot guest.