Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Regime

One of the departments at work hired a new head. By the second day she was ruling with an iron fist. The morale of the other half of the bank is low. For years they would abuse lunch and break times. No more. Rumors about staff changes are coming true. Each month the axe drops and we wait to see who will be next. I’m glad I don’t work in that department. One day I was walking down this one hall and she was standing by someone’s cubicle. Apparently, I startled her with my ninja skills because she whirled around ready to attack. Minutes later when I walked by again she was giving the person in the cubicle the death stare. I tried not to look for fear I would turn to stone.

I don’t think the new hire even knows who I am or what my name is but when I greet her she just smiles back at me. The other day she was in the lobby and she was looking for a diet coke. So I tell her there are a couple in the lunchroom and her face lights up. She walks away but I realize I wasn’t sure if there were any left. So I rush up the stairs and luckily there were some. So I gently pick one up fearful that if I shook it and it exploded when she opened it I would see my insides line the walls of my cubicle. So I give this soda to her and she practically jumps up and down and says I’m the “bestest” and skips away from me back to her office (she really did skip).

I don’t know if that was creepier or her death stare.

No comments: