Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Have You Seen Me?

Ever since Laurie got Jocelyn this crocheting book she’s been crocheting. She made a robot and offered to make me one. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it but I was really looking forward to owning my own yarn robot. The thing is freakin’ adorable. So finally the big day came Sunday and I got my very own and I named him Fred. I was very protective of him. Bon Bon for some reason thought he was food. Then it was time to take Fred home but he didn’t make it home.

I can’t find Fred. I’ve looked everywhere. Fred wasn’t at Jocelyn’s house either. The guilt of losing Fred has gotten to me. Last night I had a dream Fred called to say good-bye (I don’t know how Fred called me. I don’t think he had a cell phone). He said he was lying in a gutter. Fred told me it was too late and he didn’t have very long. I went outside to get him and I found him. His head was busted open and his star bead was missing. Fred had been mugged. I woke up this morning and I know I was dreaming but I rushed outside to look in the gutter and of course he wasn’t there.

The time with Fred was so short and now he is lost forever just like that pack of 100spider-man stickers. He's gone off to the robot-place in the sky. I'll miss you Fred.

I hope I never adopt. I’m sure it’s much more complicated when you misplace a child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found it. Fred was in the little fridge downstairs. A little chilly, but still safe. =)

jenblue said...

yay! who are you? bon-bon?

Bonnie said...

did you really find Fred or is this a joke? Is he safe in Jen's arms??