Friday, July 3, 2009

3:40pm is the new 5:00pm

So I was hard at work when I received two emails notifying me of a celebrity passing. Within 10 minutes (I timed it), I received 4 face-to-face announcements from different coworkers about the same thing. I rolled my eyes acknowledging I was notified already. But I was annoyed that while I was working, everybody else was not. These are lean times. People are looking for work. The way people went about it bugged me because it was like office gossip and people were scurrying around trying to see who could spread it the fastest. I saw a couple of grins. C’mon, someone died. The facebook feeds? I bet prior to this majority of people weren't even fans. We live in the age of technology and science. With your cell phone you can twitter when you went to the john or post footage of it on youtube. I can’t imagine life without tech but there are some days where it’s too much. Remember when we used the phone to call each other? I have to admit I do like this one additional feature on my phone. I can take pictures and use those as cell phone wallpaper. Good-bye default sail boat. Hello Zachary Quinto.

(Yes, I see the irony in this. It's 2:56pm and I'm blogging while at work. I'm on a work break).

No comments: