Friday, April 2, 2010

Legends at Medium

Editor's note: Three posts in one day may seem like much but to be fair I didn't post in the month of March. You could say there was a March Absence (get it? Absence, Madness. That sounded clever in my head). I just plum forgot to publish.

I’m mad at Rock band but I’ll get over it. I wish I could say knowing we got through it was enough but no. 8 hours on a Saturday night gone for an image of a horse and an upgrade you can barely even see is lame. Not even a new instrument like a Rhine stone studded microphone appeared.

The 84 song set list was challenging. The rotation for most of the set kept things fun. I learned what some of the songs actually mean. My throat was sore for days after. Some songs don’t have human vocals. Growling is not a vocal. I can play medium guitar now. Drums are still better played as bongos because I can’t get my hands and feet to work together.

We started off with such gusto but towards the end the life bars were flashing red because we were half asleep. A few times I caught glimpses of us with our eyes closed and bodies slumped (my eyes weren't closed when i caught these glimpses. they happened when my eyes were opened). If possible I would’ve finished the set lying down.

But it’s been a while since my friends and I have spent hours working on something. It’s nice being silly for a few hours and knowing we’re not actually practicing to become a real band.

As soon as we play again I am buying 11 stuff. $50,000 in 8 hours ain't bad.

No comments: