Friday, April 2, 2010

College Avenue

One side effect to a good memory is remembering the emotions tied to those memories. Over time as the memory fades so do the feelings. But with a good memory it makes this harder.

If gouging my eyes out could remove the memory it would be rather tempting especially if every time a new set would grow in. I would keep all my eyes in a jar on the coffee table. It would be better than one of those coffee table books. “You see this pair here? I took those out because I saw….”. Wait, but if I remember the event with my eyes taken out it defeats the purpose of having them removed in the first place.

One of my favorite parts of college has nothing to do with school. It was having roommates.

Initially everyone had warned against living with people you were already bff’s with because people end up not being friends afterwards. Strangers weren’t good ‘cause it be harder to find them later on if you know there was a crime committed. I found people in the middle of these two spectrums and it turned out well.

My favorite part about roommates were the conversations we’d have about whatever. Some of the best conversations happened as we drifted off to sleep. You’re not really sure what you’re saying except somebody was listening and they were probably too tired to remember what you said but it was still nice.

It's been years since college and I still keep in contact with my roommates. But we're in different places now and it's not the same as before. But I do look back with fondness.

I suddenly have a craving for ramen.

No comments: