Friday, April 30, 2010

Battlefield Cubicle

All I know is I didn’t ask for this. But I will defeat them. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve taken down these past few weeks. They say the first kill is the hardest but there have been so many that after awhile they all look the same.

This reminds me of the summer of ’08 invasion. The enemy never attacked us directly. But they went after the food supply. It got to a point where we had to take the fight to them. So many fell from the sky. Their corpses littered the ground. They dead empty eyes staring at you.

This new enemy is much more aggressive. Sometimes we only have seconds to react. Often by the time we realize they’re there it’s too late. We find ourselves covered in battle wounds but we persist. There is no reasoning with them. Their thirst for our blood is unquenchable.

Our methods are barbaric at best. If they’re lucky death is instant. Otherwise they’re left to twitch until the last breath is drawn from them. More come seemingly more desperate than those who have come before them.

At times I almost pity them. Such moments of weakness can’t be allowed on the battlefield. I will persist.

No mosquito is going to get a free meal out of me and live to talk about it.

No comments: