Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Size 10?!

With two weddings this summer I can't get out of buying a dress. Since we were at the mall, Jocelyn and I went to look. She picked a size four for me. I don't think I've ever worn a size four. I tell her my size and she didn't believe me at all. I go try some things on including the size 4. As I put one leg into it there's just enough material for that one leg and much more of me left outside the dress. Now common sense would tell me it's too small but I was tired and hungry and I told Jocelyn I would try. So I try to put it over my head and got stuck. I had one arm up above my head the other arm stuck halfway. It was getting warm. It looked awkward. I could see my reflection in the dressing room mirror. Then the saleswoman knocked on the door to inform me I was in someone else's dressing room. Out of the many empty rooms I chose the one reserved. I couldn't pull the dress down and it wasn't going up. So I stood there debating if I shoudl just tear it. One final pull up and I was free, dress unharmed. But my hair tye broke, casualty of war. I don't like dress shopping.

"Allen, can I tickle your feet?"- Allen N.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm SORRY JEN! I fail at sizing!

jenblue said...

no worries!

but it's ironic since you have worked in clothing, have bought me clothing, and have made me clothing that you don't know my size.