Monday, June 23, 2008

Burn?

After breaking up with someone, what do you do with the stuff they gave you? Set it on fire? Donate it to charity?

I've kept most of the stuff in a box in the bottom corner of my closet. In the beginning I kept the stuff because it was hard seeing it out in the open. They just served as constant reminders of a time that didn't exist anymore. Eating at me everyday. Yes, a part of me even thought there would be a do-over someday.

Now I keep the stuff for two reasons:
1) Sentimental
2) The dang box is just too hard to get to. It's located under blanket box, hat box, college box and misc. item box

Maybe I'll get rid of the stuff once I start a new relationship or need the space in my closet. The latter seems much more likely. The chair in my room is not a good place to keep a week's worth of slacks stacked, no sir.

One could give back what they received from the other person. Physical items. None of that "my time" or "my heart" blah blah blah.

My sister and I were watching a movie online. There were all these misspelled subtitles. She told me we almost had a dvd copy of the movie but our other sister had given it as a gift to her then boyfriend. As we listed things we wished she could get back from him we stopped to think of what he gave her that we wouldn't want to give back, the playstation II + video games. We concluded she got the better end of the deal.

No comments: