Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How Many Bankers Does It Take

I work in an office with about 20 people. Individuals usually serve more than one function. For example, the accounting guy is also the supply guy. The loan document lady is also the party planner. I do a bit of everything.

But not all serve multiple functions. Some just observe. The copier was low on toner. Instead of just replacing it E notifies D (who was on her daily walk around the bank). P happened to walk by and they tell him what happened. J is about to go make a copy when I tell her that E, D, and P are working on it. Then G comes over and says she overheard the copier is broken. J, G and I (me) stand and watch from the lobby. Then M comes and watches with us. Meanwhile P is opening boxes trying to fit the toners in. D gets bored and joins us in the lobby. E crosses her arms and watches P. I ask P how I can help but E tells me she and P are working on it. Then C joins E in watching P. Eventually P finishes and everyone goes back to work but not before they all pat themselves on the back for changing the toner.

Next time I will tell you about what happens when we run out of tea in the lunchroom.

No comments: