Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sorry Uncle Ben

I am a klutz. I am sometimes surprised at how klutzy I can be. I am smart enough to know when a klutzy moment will happen but somehow manage to still end up in the klutzy moment.

I usually pour out extra water from my cup at the end of the work day. One day I decided to not pour the water out. Before I left my cubicle I got an sense it was an accident waiting to happen. The image of water all over my desk appeared before my eyes. But I would remember so it would be fine. The next day I got to work and I placed my bag down right on top of the cup. Out of my entire desk I happen to place my bag in the same corner where the cup was. Water was all over my desk and I happened to have just printed a 96 page manual and that’s now soaked along with my stapler, hole puncher and a $1,000 check scanner. The carpet wasn’t spared either. The worse part of it was I forgot I had left the cup there. I stood there annoyed until finally the events from the day before flashed before my eyes.

What is the point of super powers if I ignore them?

No comments: