Saturday, August 14, 2010

Get Your Head In the Game

I have no game when it comes to dating.

As I have mentioned before when it comes to meeting prospects I can't do it in front of an audience. There's too much pressure. Today was my chance for redemption. There was a guy I saw last year during a church outing to a baseball game. I was trying to think of something to say or even a reason to say something to him but nothing came. So I didn't even go over to say hi.

But I heard this year he would be at the game again. I was not going to let the moment pass. I came up with a number of openers in my head.

"I didn't talk to you last year because I was nervous but I want to so yeah".

"You're just my type, half white and half Asian. White enough so you're tall but Asian enough so you'll age gracefully."

"I think you're cute."

I saw him again and I felt my heart drop a little. A lady from church had even prepped me for the meet. This was the second chance I was waiting for but no it went more like "it's nice to meet you". handshake and that was it. I was too nervous. How I wish I had practiced or maybe taken a drink before trying to talk to him. Oh and it didn't help that his mom was right there watching our exchange. Oh, and there was her husband, the lady who prepped me and the pastor watching as well. I gave an awkward smile after the hand shake and then walked away.

I'm disappointed in myself. it's not that he was my soul mate or anything like that. but this was my second chance to say something to this guy and nothing, NOTHING! I walked away. I turned around and walked away from the guy I was beating myself over because I didn't talk to him last year. Fate does not drop single guys I find interesting in my lap very often. But there he was a second time and what happened? I choked. Not even a shot attempt at the buzzer. Fail.

If I had ice cream at my house I would totally eat a gallon of it right now.

No comments: