Monday, December 29, 2008

Rehab

"Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm stranded in the wrong time where love is just a lyric in a children's rhyme"- keene

relationships are like any other addiction. if not monitored correctly they spin out of control. they cost money. you can't wait for the next fix. they take work. they are so hard to get over.

i've been sober for almost 4 years now. sure there have been times where i almost jumped off the wagon. but i'm just not ready. of course that doesn't mean life will be kind and leave me alone. i'm in recovery and the world is flashing shiny expensive signs of it in my face. i don't know what i'm going to do if i hear about another engagement this year.

i thought i could avoid relationships and go about my merry way. but the more i try to avoid the more i notice. life is such a tease with its mixed signals.

i'v been trying to forget someone but the only way is to go cold turkey. then this fortune cookie says, "don't ever slam a door; you might want to go back". Are you kidding me? I hate you fortune cookie! Next time i see you i will crush you to pieces. But i'll still eat you afterwards. i find you tasty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that's life...and it seems like everyone else is living it bigger and better than me...or us if you want to include yourself into it. a supervisor is turning 27 this week...she's a freakin' SUPERVISOR! and that's not even mentioning the topic of dating and relationships...

Laurie said...

"i don't know what i'm going to do if i hear about another engagement this year." hmm ... don't worry - I don't have any big news and if I did I wouldn't tell you through your blog ... but this makes me wonder just a little bit ...

jenblue said...

all i know is "laurie is not dating allen" 0_o