Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Not Barbie, Get Over It

I wish people would stop trying to type-cast me as a girly girl because I am not. We had a secret santa gift thing at work and I got a music jewelery box. my boss pointed out how nice it was but i hardly wear jewelery. strange she would say this since she tends to buy me girl things as well. One year it was a pink fuzzy sweater that shed all over the place.

Numerous women in my family have commented how I need to work on it. They suggest make-up or hair or dresses. I don't see why I have to change unless I want to.

If I find the right person I want him to want me the way I am, not some dolled up version. It's too much work to be "pretty". It's much more comfortable living life in t-shirt and jeans. It cuts down on laundry costs as well. Do you know how much it costs to get a dress dry cleaned?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously!

People need to get over themselves.

Most times people who give out advice are the ones who need it most.