Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pride + Rock = Ow

One morning I decided to not only run but to beat my sisters to the train station. Just as I was about to pass them I realized I was going to lose. My run to victory turned into a slip and slide on dry concrete. I was blazing by when I realized I was falling forward. I landed and I heard my left coat sleeve pop (I got one of those puffy coats). People just stopped and turned to look at me. I could feel the stinging on my knees, elbow and hip. My skin demanded to know why it was so violently disturbed. I turned over onto my back and just stared up and the sky for a moment. I was seeing stars. As my sisters helped me up I assessed the damage and realized what hurt the most was my ego (poor ego, so many beatings lately). I tried to run the race but fell flat on my face. My sisters got a good laugh out of it and I got some sick bruises. You can see through the skin to where the blood vessels broke. It’s maroon, blue and red.

“When you fell you did a Canon Drill! Why can’t you do that when we play Street Fighter?” – Sis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Cammy reference! I lol'd pretty bad!

I hope you're ok Jen; see ya Saturday! =)