Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Impressions

Since relocating to the big city for work I've had to make a few adjustments. One is getting use to a restroom that is for bank employees only. At the old office the restroom was shared with the other building tenants complete with air freshener. The very first morning in the new office I used the restroom but it didn't flush clean. There was still stuff. I tried to flush again but it did not go down. I waited for the toilet to quiet down. Nope. One more time. The water started to fill up. Oh snap. They don't have air freshener in there. It's one of those "I wish I didn't eat what I ate and I should've stayed home today but it was too late now and the longer I stay there the more likely I would get caught" moments. So I exit out of there and make a dash for my cubicle. Before I can put a "out of order" sign on the stall door a coworker goes in. I attempt to hide under my desk as she exclaims, "Yuck!".

The work refrigerator is not a good place to store food. There are more condiments than anything else. I picked up a bottle of what I thought was mustard but was originally ranch dressing. In the back are numerous plastic bags. I've been warned not to touch them. If stuff is forgotten it stays there forever. In the freezer there was just one small package. It's label read "blood worms". Yum.

No comments: