Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh Snap

One morning while I was getting ready to go to class I heard the sound of constant running water. I looked all over the apartment but could not figure out where it was coming from. I thought maybe it was coming from one of the neighboring apartments but it was just so loud. Curious I walked into the hallway turned the corner and was greeted with a waterfall coming from the ceiling going into the carpet. I stood there for a second to make sure I was awake. After pinching myself I reported it to the land lord and by the time I got back from class later the waterfall and all remnants of it were gone.

At work I stepped outside to find one of the sewer covers slightly up with water and paper running out. When it was time to go home a large puddle greeted me inside the lobby of the building. The source was apparently the men's restoom. The lobby puddle is gone but one is forming in one of the stalls on the women's side. The building smells like poo.

I am glad in less than a week we won't be there any more.

No comments: