Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Not SJP

My sister got wind that I have a blog. Well she saw me updating it. I've been at this for years now so it's surprising that she found this surprising. She was comparing it to a certain HBO hit and I had to stop her right there. It's not that kind of a blog. Besides the lady was writing a column; this is a blog. She said it could someday be made a show and then a movie. I would prefer an anime. With my friends as characters a movie would be way too loud.

For the icebreaker at bible study we had to draw a picture of ourselves and around the picture lists interest, pet peeves, loves, and future goals. I think retirement is a good future goal to have. Don't know what I'd do all day but that would be part of the fun. Not having to have to be somewhere. Many people listed self-centeredness as a peeve. Wasn't the activity focused on ourselves? I thought about fanime-con and listed things that annoyed me about it. I should have listed people who don't return emails.

At church I was talking to po po chan and she looks at chu and says to me in chinese, "Is this your male friend?" I wasn't sure how to answer her. He is my friend but I have a feeling she wasn't asking me that. I should write "single" on my name tag.

I went to watch the softball game and one of the kids asked me if I was teaching at bible school this year. I said I had work. She couldn't believe I worked. When I told her my age she said, "Wow, I thought you were a teenager". In five years I'll be 30. Brandon from church will only be 21 then.

I met bonnie's dog honey and he reminds me very much of her old dog. Cute, fuzzy and afraid of people. Of course I tried to be friendly but I ended up on my hands and knees staring at the ground because you can't look at him directly in the face. I threw a ball at him. At least he's quiet and I think we came to an understanding.

I don't think my blog would ever make it past being a blog but if it occupied you for a couple of minutes then it has fulfilled it's purpose. And hey, you didn't even have to pay for cable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My co-worker, who is at least 50 something, got carded a few years ago, twice.

Have you been watching the Olympics? The Chinese gymnasts look like young old people.

jenblue said...

I don't think I've ever been carded unless it's at the airport or border patrol. Then again I don't do many things that require carding.

There's no way they're 16. They're probably 12 and can most likely out bench me.

Anonymous said...

thanks again for meeting Honey. He seemed to like you at the end when the crowds of people left.

the olympics is fun to watch, also sometimes it puts me to sleep. are you rooting for the homeland? i sure am.

jenblue said...

i don't see why honey wouldn't like me. I'm very likable when given the chance.

if you mean homeland as in the usa then yes i am.