Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Running On Empty

i can't keep food down. that's the worse. i don't need much in life to be content but i like food. i'll be in the middle of something and i'll just have the urge to hurl. i can't figure out what i ate wrong. this problem could not come during a more inconvinient time.

Thursday was weekly dinner out with the group which really should be renamed korean night. i like korean food especially the tofu stew but i had trouble eating it.

Friday came and I just felt nauseated all day at work. It was free bagel day. But the idea of salmon and cream cheese on a toasty bagel lost it appeal. after work it was time for in and out with laurie. i had this huge craving for it and everything seemed fine afterwards. But later...dun dun dunnnn. At jocelyn's ice cream was offered but I didn't want any. We went to get mexican food and the nausea came again.

Saturday i had soup for lunch. No noodles. Sad.7 up seemed to help. Then it was off to bj's. but we had to wait for hundreds of minutes so we went to the bookstore. we mostly mingled in the cook book section. my stomach decided it wasn't happy so off to read pearls before swine. oh, goat, how you suffer so. then dinner. Wedges, ok. Calzone, calcan't you mean (that was just awful).

Sunday morning came and i was early enough to have breakfast, two tablespoonfuls of kaeopectic, chalky cherry flavor. I get to church and I think I'm safe. NO! We were going to go over the line in the Lord's prayer about daily bread. So many food examples. It was the third week of the month. That's free food week at church. But we weren't eating there because we're not fans of salad. Fish and chips, do they have soup there? It's closed. Sandwiches instead. Now here is where logic would kick in and i should sit out right? Wrong. I order a hot corned beef with everything. And I had chips. Ok, things seem ok. Second lunch with the family. I am no ok. I AM NOT OK! Must get home now. Let's stop at Walgreens for something. Why is the pepto next to the food aisle? Home, safe now. Aunt comes over with Chinese pastry. soup for dinner. My family is having ribs. I miss ribs.

monday my 1.5 hour commute turned into a 2.5 hour commute. i have a love hate relationship with bart. i smelled like mint tea all day. i got tired of drinking water. there was a problem with the men's restroom so they turned off the water without telling anybody. i couldn't flush the toilet. somebody got a bad surprise. at dinner i had one rib. it was one rib too many.

*Sigh*, this is going to be a long week. With no food I am not functioning correctly. I had more than my normal number of word slips. at church someone mentioned a cancer walk and i thought we should do it. I said, "Yay support cancer". jocelyn looks at me and i try to back track but i end up repeating the same thing. at work today i was using the big paper shredder. it's about the length of my arm. i was thinking it would suck if i hurt myself on this thing. by the time i was done i had a 3 inch scratch running up my forearm. i think i cut myself when i was changing the bag.

I think God is trying to tell me something. Basically I cannot survive on bread alone. In our darkest moments He's the one we need to lean on. Like food it's important to make use of what blessings we get for that day and to share with others. We weren't meant to hoard them. He's sure to provide a new helping each day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to get better fast. when i get there all we're doing is eating!

jenblue said...

Drew?! aka turbo? Hi.

Anonymous said...

you had corn beef on sunday? why not just turkey..., but that probably would've helped

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better?