Friday, September 5, 2008

Plan B

Choosing to eat an Airhead taffy/candy/chewy thing is like being in a relationship. Unless you're willing to commit until the end don't start. Otherwise you'll grow tired of it and wonder why you started in the first place. Dang you and your shiny blue wrapper too!

I find it hard to come up with one plan. A second plan is just wishful thinking. Sometimes a changed plan ain't so bad like planning on having two lunches but ending up with one and ice cream after. Oh, ice cream. If relationships were like ice cream it be great. But what happens when Plan A fails but there is no contingency?

Plans involving another and the words "happily ever after"are tricky. After the break up is the plan still good or will it have to be scrapped? It seems weird to take a plan originally meant for someone else and then apply it to somebody new.

I have too much time on my hands or I'm just bitter. Most likely a combination of both. Why? What sort of angst is our heroine (i thought of the drug when I saw that word) dealing with now? What's the drama?

It's been like 3 years I think since I dated (I'm foggy about the time frame but it's fine. I use to count the days. That was not healthy). Granted I spent some time getting over it. I'm in no hurry but lately there's just something in the water. The people around me.. I can't quite explain it. Just because everyone is jumping off the bridge doesn't mean I should either but it's nice to feel included.

I kinda want to date but I kinda don't. The plan is to just wing it. If all else fails I'll be sure to have ice cream ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry if I'm jumping off a bridge .. if it makes you feel any better, I haven't dated in way longer than 3 years ...

Anonymous said...

Post title:
Plan B (a brand of emergency contraception)

Post subject:
Relationships

Second sentence:
"Unless you're willing to commit until the end don't start."

...
hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

oh, there's always room for ice cream...

jenblue said...

joe, this is what happens when one does not review one's post.

also, who needs enemies when they have a friend like you?