Wednesday, September 24, 2008

4 Years of College for This

An update: Feeling better now.

Online classes and training seminars. I thought classes ended once school was over. I don't mind taking classes for work but with advances of the internet long gone are the days where workers get the whole day to train. No more offsite conferences. No long lunches and early dismissals. Instead I am confined to the office staring at a computer screen listening to the consistent drone of the presenter over the phone for 3 hours. It doesn't help that there's plenty of distraction in the office. I think I dozed off halfway.47 slides of "if you don't do this the government will put you in jail", joy.

my dad says to me the other day he says:
dad: i know you're good in english. compose something for retirement.
me: am i bad in chinese then?
dad: what?
me: you want something on the overall infrastructure of retirement and how with the current econimic situation many in your generation and beyond may have to work into their 70s and then some in order to receive anything upon retirement?
dad:....
me: never mind
dad: i just want you to write something nice to your uncle edward about his retirement in this card
me: dear uncy edward. you are done working now. i wish i was too. lucky you.you be da best. the end.
dad: just get it done by friday.

No comments: