Wednesday, February 25, 2009

F.E.A.R.

growing up my parents said not to watch certain things because i'll get nightmares and won't be able to sleep. they don't bug me when i sleep. instead they bug me when i'm awake.

in recent years the standard for horror films is the pale asian girl with the long black hair over her face dressed in white. guess what? i'm pale. I'm asian. i have long black hair. the shirt i wear to sleep is white. since one side of my room is mirrored i wake up to my own reflection. now i can't look at it in the wee hours of the morning. i just freak myself out. i just imagine that if i pull my hair back i'll look like that elf in the forest in the lord of the rings movie or worse i could have jack skeleton's grin.

i don't get it. i don't watch horror films unless there are zombies involved. so why the sudden eebie jeebies about this image?

i know it's just me in the mirror.

but still i don't want me to get me.

No comments: