Sunday, July 24, 2011

Are You a Sea Turtle?

i got to watch a world premiere musical at theatre works in palo alto. it’s called “Fly By Night”. since i have an in with somebody there i got to watch it for free.

one can’t complain when an invitation is extended to them. my plan was be polite and say thank you afterwards even if i didn't like it. but when i saw where the band was and heard the narrator speak i decided i wanted to like this. i hoped it wouldn’t suck. it didn't.

go see it. if you don't think my opinion is good enough the chronicle and the examiner gave it rave reviews (these papers are enemies but both agreed on this). i could go into detail why i liked it but i don't want to spoil anything so i'll just share a small conversation it triggered.

me: are you a sea turtle?
allen: maybe
me: are you headed for the highway?
allen: maybe
jocelyn: YOU WOULD PROBABLY GET RUN OVER.
allen: .......
me: would you be the one to run him over?
jocelyn: yes

1 comment:

syche said...

I'm glad you liked it! I liked it too! And I'm sure lots of other people did too...