Friday, June 24, 2011

Thursdays with Ann

thursdays are when ann and i have our weekly call. i can't quite remember when we started but it was a way to keep in touch since she insists on living thousands of miles away. we communicate throughout the week through facebook too so you'd think the calls would be short but they average at about 3 hours or until my cell battery dies or when ann realizes it's super late.

(ironically since she's currently visiting CA i didn't call her this week. but anyway,) during one of our conversations one topic involved a t-shirt she got from the boys section. girl clothes are not made for girls like us. we aren't stick figures with extremely long torsos. the conversation went something like this.

ann: it says california on it.
me: aaawww
ann: there's a guy on a surf board with a sail on it. what's that called?
me: i dunno. kite surfing?
ann: no. dang, what is it? wind surfing. right?
me: sounds right to me
ann: i like this shirt. wait, it says "socal"
me: fail
ann: whatever, people from socal hate the term "socal" so it's really an insult to them
me: i didn't know that. well as long as it's not dodger colors we're ok.
ann: no it's not. wait, it's blue.
me: oh no
ann: and white
me: lol
ann: wait, there's a little green
me: oh ok, not the dodgers. wait, aren't those canuck colors?!
ann: oh. well no one is going to notice with the california, surf board and socal on it.
me: i will
ann: (is probably rolling her eyes at this point) yeah i don't like shirts for girls cause i don't like stuff like pink, flowery swirls and cats.
me: yeah 'cuz cats are the worse
ann: yes

strangely enough, ann did not bring this shirt with her while on her cali visit....

No comments: