Thursday, June 3, 2010

May Showers Bring Scams

i got an anonymous comment regarding the "April Showers Bring May Showers" post. i was feeling trigger happy and deleted it before i could save it. oh the perils of ADD.

it said i won a $10k reward in the cynicism category for a blog contest. finally! My being cynical and writing about it has paid off. Tell your kids to drop out of school and start blogging because emo pays big bucks. if i keep at it i'll be able to quit my day job and buy a house on main street located in disneyland where every morning I'll have the pleasure of watching mickey grimace as i eat pancakes in the shape of his face. muhahahahaha!

but to claim my $10k cash prize i had to send in a $150 late entry fee to an address in nigeria. could they not tell by my many posts that i'm a suspicious and paranoid person? oh and I'm cheap. if I'm going to hesitate buying a large action figure of a certain actor depicting a certain vulcan why would i mail monies to some random blog group in nigeria ???!!! we're talking about $150 and a good amount of postage here. by they time they convert my check to Nigerian funds they'll be hardly any money left what with the collection fees and all. so really by me not sending in the money we're saving both sides time, effort and money. also, i didn't even enter into this contest. it's not fair to the good people who actually submitted an entry on time. how could I a champion advocate for following the rules make an exception for myself? I wouldn't feel right about this.

oh and that figure i bought is not coming out of the box 'cuz I don't want some barbie floozy getting her hands on him. she can go get herself that Jacob doll (which is completely shameless. the doll is sold shirtless and is the same price as an edward doll which comes fully clothed).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you know you're the only floozy for him.

...You know, I've seen pictures of the RE:5 Chris Redfield doll...hot.

jenblue said...

Ann, i'm nobody's floozy. He'd be a "surprise". Not that there is a "surprise" 'cuz there's not.

If only Chris Redfield were real....but then it mean zombies be real too...which they could be...some day.